Thanks for visiting the blog Spanjaard!
Added just one update pic. I got the eyes installed and then I installed the feelers. It sounded so simple... I glued the ends of some fibre optics scavanged from a cheapo dollar store lamp to a couple of white LEDs, then drilled a bunch of tiny holes in the mouth piece and fed them through and painted them all with clear yellow Tamiya acrylic. What a nightmare in practice though.
My first attempt to glue the fibre optics to the LEDs using a clear bit of tube was a disaster. I used hot glue which was apparently hot enough to melt the fibres (Duh!). I used white glue on my second attempt but then feeding that mess of spaghetti through a bunch of holes was a real pain. The fibres are a bit brittle and prone to snapping off at the most inconvenient moments.
Oh, well. I got it done, not as many (or as bright) as I'd have liked, but fooling around any further would have led to dangerous levels of frustration and Ohmus may have been harmed in the process... and the likelihood of satisfactory success was remote. It is what it is.
28. May at 02:16:21