scale modeling database | stash manager
added the Kora Models Fokker D.XXI in 1:72 to his wishlist
Fokker D.XXI Dutch Service Interior Set for MPM Kit
Kora Models 1:72
8. February at 14:36:18 Share
added the Kora Models Fokker D.XXI Mercury in 1:72 to his wishlist
8. February at 14:34:58 Share
January 26, 2019
added the Atlantis Model Company Convair Atlas in 1:110 to his wishlist
Convair Atlas America's First Intercontinental Ballistic Missile
Atlantis Model Company 1:110
2019* | Changed ???
26. January at 21:34:52 Share
January 24, 2019
added the Trumpeter Soviet T-28 Medium Tank (Riveted) in 1:72 to his wishlist
24. January at 14:21:00 Share
January 20, 2019
added the Glencoe Models Piasecki ZV-8P Airgeep in 1:35 to his wishlist
20. January at 22:12:41 Share
January 15, 2019
added the AMG BT-102 Spheroid Soviet road tank (1:35) to his stash
15. January at 03:22:38 Share
added the MisterCraft Yak-23 'Flora' in 1:72 to his wishlist
15. January at 00:53:47 Share
January 13, 2019
added the Hobby Boss T-28 Medium Tank in 1:35 to his wishlist
13. January at 15:50:49 Share
added the Wooden Kit Ictineo II in 1:46 to his wishlist
Ictineo II first air independent and combustion powered submarine
Wooden Kit 1:46
2018 | New tool
13. January at 15:27:39 Share
January 7, 2019
7. January at 00:44:02 Share
January 5, 2019
added the Revell Super Guppy SGT 201 in 1:144 to his wishlist
5. January at 14:46:29 Share
added the PJ Production French fighter pilot seated in a/c (WWII) (1:48) to his stash
5. January at 02:54:12 Share
added the Planet Models Fokker T.IVA (1:72) to his stash
5. January at 02:52:17 Share
January 3, 2019
added the Revell AerobeeHi in 1:40 to his wishlist
1996 | Changed box
3. January at 14:14:57 Share
3. January at 00:47:41 Share
December 29, 2018
added the Tamiya V-1 (Fieseler Fi103) (1:48) to his stash
29. December 2018 at 01:10:03 Share
added the Testors Supermarine S6B Racer (1:48) to his stash
29. December 2018 at 01:04:20 Share
December 26, 2018
added the MACH 2 Convair YF2Y-1 Sea Dart (1:72) to his stash
25. December 2018 at 15:31:33 Share
Ever since I watched a show about this on YouTube my wife has enjoyed shouting "go, go little sea dart!" And this showed up under the Christmas tree, thank you!
25. December 2018 at 15:33:58
25. December 2018 at 18:08:25
The kit looks kind of scary. Short run, lots of flash. I will build a couple others first to get my skills up to it. But I'm looking forward to it. "Go, go little sea dart!"
25. December 2018 at 23:34:21
There's a real one right down the street from where I live. If you need pictures let me know.
26. December 2018 at 14:15:08
Where is that, Nathan?
26. December 2018 at 15:42:50
Add a comment » Nathan Dempsey
The Florida Air Museum (formerly Sun-N-Fun Air Museum) in Lakeland, FL USA. I think the only other surviving one is in California, but I'm fairly certain that the one by me is the YF2Y-1.
26. December 2018 at 16:26:21
December 25, 2018
added the Sword Chance Vought V-173 "Flying Pancake" (1:72) to his stash
25. December 2018 at 15:32:20 Share
This showed up under my Christmas tree because my wife said she looked at my scalemates wishlist and her goal was to buy the weirdest thing on it.
25. December 2018 at 15:36:56
That is so funny! You have a great wife to do that!
25. December 2018 at 16:56:11
Add a comment »
25. December 2018 at 16:58:00
December 24, 2018
24. December 2018 at 15:30:46 Share
December 22, 2018
22. December 2018 at 19:01:21 Share
added a new photoalbum.
Updated: December 22, 2018
30. September 2018 at 00:38:53 Share
Cool subject, I've just been watching season one of this show and I have to say it hasn't aged too badly at all
Although some episodes are a bit silly and it doesn't seem to matter how many people die on Alpha One there is always over 300 people there haha
still though, all good fun.
I shall enjoy following this
30. September 2018 at 11:26:09
Yes the show is pretty funny. My wife and I watched a couple episodes and laughed the whole time. I loved it when I was a kid, and I had built this model and the one of the hawk when I was a kid. I also built some alien with a car that I think was from the show.
30. September 2018 at 17:02:21
The landing gear continues to challenge me but I have one leg done maybe. Kind of wish now I would have made them spring loaded, wouldn't have been much harder. The foot pad is a ground down plastic part from the kit, the rest is brass parts and photoetch.
1. November 2018 at 17:30:24
Not sure how I will mask this for painting. The bottom of the pod should remain black, the rest silver. Liquid masking compound maybe?
1. November 2018 at 17:32:13
1. November 2018 at 18:11:49
Unfortunately the liquid mask pulled the Vallejo black primer off the brass ... I'm repainting everything with a brush.
18. November 2018 at 00:06:55
Now the tamiya tape pulled the paint off the photo etch. There sure is a learning curve here... Any advice on how to keep this from happening? I used tamiya grey primer as my base coat.
4. December 2018 at 03:04:04
22. December 2018 at 18:56:52
22. December 2018 at 18:58:11
Add a comment » Ben M
Thank you for the tip! I will try some next time. I appreciate all the help I got from everyone on here!
22. December 2018 at 18:59:55
added a new project.
25. September 2018 at 01:24:27 Share
View full thread with 17 comments
12. November 2018 at 04:08:48
Masking masking masking masking
2. December 2018 at 00:41:53
2. December 2018 at 01:50:18
2. December 2018 at 07:47:35
I spent 3 hours masking and burnishing down the tape with a toothpick, and the results are not so great. I even gave it a shot of white paint before I did the black to try to seal up any leaks. The white vinyl tamiya tape didn't work well. The masking tape worked somewhat better but not great.
3. December 2018 at 03:23:44
3. December 2018 at 06:10:09
Future floor wax didn't go so well. Think maybe i used the wrong needle with the nozzle on my airbrush. The future beaded up and I had to flood it to get it to cover. Hopefully it will look better after I dullcote it,
Now decal decal decal decal.
19. December 2018 at 04:12:57
Add a comment » Ben M
All done! I'm pretty happy with the result, despite a few issues. This was the first time I'd used photoetch and the first time I'd used future. I also hadn't done decals since I was a kid. Very fun and relaxing, also made me watch the silly show I loved as a kid.
22. December 2018 at 18:51:45
December 20, 2018
added the Cottage Industry Models Alligator The Union Submarine (8"L) in 1:72 to his wishlist
20. December 2018 at 05:13:20 Share
added the Flagship Models USS Alligator (1862-1863) in 1:72 to his wishlist
20. December 2018 at 05:10:05 Share
December 8, 2018
added the MikroMir CSS H.L. Hunley (1:35) to his stash
8. December 2018 at 02:47:00 Share
December 6, 2018
added the Kora Models K-Wagen in 1:72 to his wishlist
K-Wagen German Giant Tank WWI
Kora Models 1:72
6. December 2018 at 13:19:08 Share
December 4, 2018
added the Eduard MiG-15bis in 1:72 to his wishlist
MiG-15bis ProfiPACK edition
2014 | Changed parts
4. December 2018 at 03:29:11 Share
December 3, 2018
added a new project.
Ryan STM-S2 Koninklijke Luchtmacht (Royal Netherlands Air Force 1921-now)S11
9. October 2018 at 01:34:48 Share
I have a rebox of this kit that isn't in the database. I need to learn how to add it to the database. Also I want to learn how to do rigging and how to do a wash to enhance panel lines as part of this project.
9. October 2018 at 01:44:09
9. October 2018 at 01:45:54
9. October 2018 at 02:05:51
Dear mates, if anyone has a small 1:48 or large 1:72 aircooled engine cylinder in the spare parts bin, I could use it to go inside the cowling. Also I would swap one of the 1:48 pilot figures for a different one so I don't have two identical twins in my trainer.
3. December 2018 at 14:42:57
Add a comment » Ben M
Nope... I cut open the nose to open up the air intakes so now I need something to put in there. I bet I can scratch something out of my junk drawer, maybe alternating sized washers on a small bolt.
3. December 2018 at 17:15:34
December 2, 2018
2. December 2018 at 03:20:08 Share
You can change your Cookie settings at any time.