Hi sorry for the delay.
I didn't treat the plastic and I used micro scale industries metal foil adhesive. It looks like pva but not sure what it is but it works. I used cheap foil as it tends to be thinner and that's a good thing. I tend to do each panel separately or two to three in an area just to enable some variation. I cut the foil roughly to required size with a new blade on a piece of glass, cutting mats are too soft. I then apply the glue to the foil, leave it to dry a little (as per the instructions) then place it on the model. Gently smoothing from the centre of the panel to the edges and use a cocktail stick to define the panel edges. Finally using the nice sharp blade I run along the panel lines to remove the excess.
I would then choose a different area of the model to do the next set of panels giving each area more time to fully cure. Doing different areas allows for variation, foil has a grain and you can rotate the foil to give contrast also each side of the foil is very different so mix it up a bit and see what you like. You can also darken the foil by boiling some with egg shells in a pan of water ( wouldn't recommend using your best pots for this) this can give nice engine metal look.
Once you have the glue it's quite cheap but a little time consuming, although I found it relaxing.
Oh you can paint over the foil too, for anti glare etc and it chips very easy for real effects.
22. November 2019 at 05:42:29