Hi guys. Probably it's more fair to give more details after my initial frustrations.
I was in high expectation when I saw this kit came out last year and I ordered it almost immediately. So my kit must be one of the first batch of products released.
I am not sure whether it was a first-time issue or Takom has fixed it in their later batches. I did suspect it could be my problem - probably my fitting skills were not as good as I thought. But there is a very low chance that all FOUR tracks can't fit!
I did try to work around the problem last night. But when you think about it there is not much I can do. I can't staple/sew the rubber tracks as any gaps would be too obvious - at least 70mm missing for each track, and there are 4 of them. Unlike modern tanks no side-plates existed to this unique vehicle to cover the top part of the tracks. Another way to fix it would be to modify and strengthen the swing arms on all four sides and try to fit the tracks again. Alternatively putting mud all over the tracks or bury the gaps on a soft muddy ground would be an option. Modifications / diorama was never on the plate and I am not planning to do it.
Anyway I tried to scavenge as much as I could from the carcass. Not much to be honest.
7. August 2019 at 23:59:37