This my Phantom FG1, 1/72, from Airfix.
Well.... this kit was much more painful to built, than i' initially thought.
The fittings are not that good and i' was surprised by that, since i' was expecting something of higher quality with such a modern kit.
Eventually, i' would say :
- Engraving is pretty good, even if some louvers are missing (above the engine exhaust and atop the intake).
- Armament is nicely detailed
- Stencils are fine
- There is many options available (maybe too much ?) : folded wing, flaps up/down, etc...
- The airframe is made of too many parts(compare to other Phantom kits), increase the chance to face tricky fittings
- The canopy doesn't fit very well, pushing to use the open configuration.
- Moreover, the cockpit is really basic, and that would justify to use the closed canopy configuration. I' replaced the original seats with the Quickboost ones.
There is more than 300 stencils to apply..... and it took me more than 5 hours to put them.... (none is missing, i' t