LOL Michael! Phoenix she is!
I got the exhaust done. It may seem dull, with no variations at all, so my work may not show. I got the all the exhaust painted with Model Master Magnesium Buffing. Then half way to the end I applied a rather light coat (or so I thought) of Model Master Chrome Silver. Half the nozzle looked shiny, half looked dark and a bit dull. The idea was that the feather didn't suffer that much of stressing in terms of heat.
After that I made a mixture of Humbrol 53, Humbrol 33, Humbrol 155 and Humbrol 110 so that it looked like a matt, dirty, brownish, drabish metal. With surgical precision I painted the appropriate part of the feathers. A dry cotton bud was used to correct some errors and make the shiny part, less shiny.
Finall my daughter's rubber band was used as substitute masking, since the magnesium is really fragile to the masking tape glue. Noted for future projects. The area between the fuselage and the engine feather is painted with Humbrol 201 Metallic Black.
I will dry brush the streaks inside the engine exhaust next.
I also made some streaks on the lower part of the engine bay and on the hinges of the leading edge slats of the wings. Pretty subtle I think.
Seats, hud and canopy are next.
04. January at 23:04:59