Thank you Michael for your kind words, glad that you like the build.
Now to your question.
Overall the kit, clearparts, PE parts, instructions and decals are ok
I used the Eduard AA-7 and R-60 with pylons the nozzle and also the Eduard wheels and some PE parts in this build.
There are some issues you have to come over
- closed canopy and pilot, are not a good idea and made a lot of extra work
- it´s good to use enough nose weight, but not to much – the nose wheel is not that stable
- mounting and painting the lower fin keeps some extra work
- cockpit fit was an issue
- keep in mind when you do the painting that you have to handle swing wings
- the main wheel well has some fit issues – I replaced this with the Eduard one
- the tail fin in my box was skrewed and had some gaps to the main hull so this needed some surgery
- the air intakes in my kit had some fit issues – seems not to be on every kit
- the main landing gear was the most complex landing gear I ever did
But in the end you will have a nice MIG-23
29. November 2018 at 18:31:31