Well, here we go. This is my first build in decades. Last time I built a kit I was a teenager. And you know how it goes: high-school, girls, college, more girls, job, wife, kids ... and so on.
Back then my budget was extremely low. I built airplanes from Revell and Italeri in 1:72 scale and I used Email colors from Revel. I could only dream about having an airbrush or using pe-parts. Today things are different. I equipped myself with a decent set of tools, with an airbrush (Evolution Silverline) and a nice compressor, and with plenty other small things I saw here and in countless YouTube vids I watched. And yes, I spent much time in research and learning how to build those kits in a serious manner.
The Tornado I chose because I thought I would not have many difficulties with brushing this my first camo. But by building this kit I learned that it is somewhat challenging. The fit is okay yet, but many of the tiny parts one must sandpaper. And I don't know yet how to sandpaper a small, thin hydraulic pipe from the gear without breaking it. Or how to sandpaper the part for the gear-lights. Yes, the kit is challenging. There is plenty of flash on the parts and there are everywhere injector-pin marks; where they can be seen and where they are disturbing a clean fit and have to be removed.
Well, I have much to learn. Maybe I will collect some hints how to do things better. I would be pleased. But please be forgiving. This is my first attempt of so many things. Never before used an airbrush, or used pe-parts, or applied weathering techniques, or - you name it.