Michael, I already have all sorts of trouble with this kit.
The fit is not the best, I'm afraid. There is plenty of sand-papering, then graving and riveting. Right now I'm stuck with the wings. I want to build the wings with the flaps down, but I misjudged the changeover from part to the sprue and cut it too short. Now the struts are too short. I'm chewing over this problem since days. And finally I got to a solution. Give me some few more days and I will post new pictures to my album.
As if this wasn't enough the next challenge is on its way. I did some dry-fitting and it is already apparent that the back of the fuselage will not fit at all. It will not fit at the intakes and it will not fit at the point in the inner where the wings are fixed with the T-shaped part.
Yes, you are right, I picked quite a challenging kit to come back to. This wasn't the plan. I watched a sprue-review video on youtube and it seemed all OK. Well, I should have done better research. But it is how it is. I definitely will finish this kit; hopefully with a decent outcome. The good thing is that there is much to learn with this kit.
20. July, 18:09