I was looking for the DML P-61A kit some time, and when I found it in the vendor room at the 2014 IPMS Nationals, I snatched it. It is very nice by 1990's standards, although the detail is not as crisp as top of the line fare these days. Clear parts are thick and have blemishes, although they fit very well. Decals are on the thick side, but still usable. There are some fit issues with this kit, but I was happy with it overall.
I opted for the Aires interior set as I liked the resin bits (Eduard makes a PE interior set No.73296). I skipped Eduard's No.72476 exterior PE set as it seemed more geared toward the B version, and I felt I could do better scratch-building with styrene. I used engines by Quickboost (these are very nice). Main wheels came from the True Details set, and the front wheel from the otherwise unusable landing gear set No.72025 by Scale Aircraft Conversions. Aftermarket parts also included canopy mask from Eduard and the Microscale decal set.
This album is attached to project P-61A Black Widow.
Return to the overview page to View all albums