Mirko Römer Up to this point it was lots of filling, sanding and polishing. Brass tube inserts for the kit's closed exhausts. Some putty for building-up the small radome. Main rotor turns into the wrong direction, should turn anti-clockwise. Port lading gear rail needs bending. The clear parts are horrible. So don't expect to much...
16. September, 14:59
Mirko Römer Rotor: Sinkmarks filled. Blades not cut and turned around as pointed in the instructions - cut off the little knobs, installed new ones from styrene and warped the blades in the different direction. Painted and laid aside.
16. September, 19:04
Łukasz Gliński Very interesting, some reboxes have the radome included (e.g. Austrian Police set)
Martin That's very well researched. The small detail work is exquisite. I most like the rucksack on the passenger seat, to me highliting the problem with all military vehicles, they never design them with space for the soldiers massive amount of kit.
Mirko Römer Warning devices on the fin, radom seam line, pylons and pods completed. Daniel's build was a great help here, thanks! I never would have seen these triangular flanges on the pylons. Next steps are the chaff/flare dispensers at the rear bottom and the navigation lights.
Mirko Römer Thank you mates for your kind comments! The mottling was done with a Harder & Steenbeck Evolution using a 0,15mm nozzle. Paint/thinner ratio was probably 30/70 with 0,8bar/12psi. I must admit, my hand felt pretty cramped afterwards. Now I'm not afraid anymore of the 1/32nd scale mottling on my G-6 model that still waits on the desk to be painted.
Mirko Römer Thanks everyone, I'm glad you like it. I received the AZ -Model F-4 yesterday and at first sight it is even better than the ICM series, although these are already very nice models. Aside from some fit issues with the cowling I enjoyed building it a lot and can highly recommend them. Same for the perfect Airfix decals by the way!
Mirko Römer Finally Italeris finest pile of rivets made it to daylight!
21. June, 13:01
Sergej I I once did a 1/72 Kiowa... from then on I admire anyone who has the eyes, fingers and guts to do it
Nice result too, Mirko
21. June, 13:07
Mirko Römer Thanks Sergej! The most challenging part was the horrible fit of the clear parts. I think it's time for a new OH-58A/D in 1/72nd scale. ClearProp, AZ-Model...do you hear me?
After all, I think I should have sanded down the rivets - better luck next time. So I tried to play a little with oil colours to replicate the worn look of the original.
Decals came from Print Scale and Leading Edge, some scratch parts in the cockpit and with the antennas. Base colours were AK Real Colors Field Green and Gelboliv (late).
JD That mud and dirt is very effective, like to know how you did it...
6. January, 05:35
Mirko Römer Dirt is so adhesive, I just could not resist, sorry Thomas! Basic layout is styrofoam, the brown layers are made from AK Terrains Clear mixed with two tones of brown pigments. Some small railroad gravel for the small forest track. Then I added some very fine green materials of different shapes fixed with spray glue, especially to simulate leftovers from lumbering. Trees were formerly known as toothpicks and bad maintained brushes... Little decoration stones from a 1-€-shop toned with pigments and AK slimy grime, that's it so far. Matt coating and some figures are still missing.
6. January, 20:28
Dave Flitton Beautiful renditions of the HMMWV's. I have spent a lot of time in them, so I have to say, the insides are not dirty enough.