My bottle of Vallejo black primer (which I normally use) was nearly all used up with what little remained in the bottom being a little lumpy, so I decided to replace it with the Stynylrez black surface primer, which I'd also heard good things about.
I found that it sprays very well straight out of the bottle through my 0.3mm airbrush at about 20 psi.
When built up in gradual layers it covered quite nicely and it appeared to self level quite good as well.
A bonus I found with it was that my airbrush didn't clog once during the entire 90 minute spray session. All up I was quite impressed with it.
The AK726 "British Sand Yellow" sprayed very nice as well, but was a little translucent, so the base coat of Tamiya XF-59 "Desert Yellow" worked out quite well. Had I not done that, I would have had a lot of trouble trying to cover over the black primer beneath. The colour however is not as "yellow" as I was hoping for but it is growing on me.
18. March at 21:48:35