These trucks were originally built by teenage me, in the 1980s. What painting that has been done was brush applied Tamiya Acryllics. They spent about 10 years on open display, followed by more than 20 years in a box in my loft.
I've decided to restore them, alongside some new builds over the coming months. The new builds are effectively the same base kit as the 33 year old restoration projects, and in one case, the exactsame kit.
As I go, I will find out just how far down I can dismantle the original kits, and what parts will need to be replaced. Fortunately, I got a resin moulding kit for my birthday, so I will likely be making some replacement or upgraded parts along the way.
I'm expecting to change the paint schemes and decals as the kits are restored, and I will be rebuilding to the standards I am now capable of, given more patience, and better facilities and equipment.
|Title:||Truck Fleet Restoration|
Restoration of 4 Revell & 1 Mitsuwa 1980s Trucks
|Timeline:||Started on September 27, 2019|