Originally I wanted to build OK-BYD. But then I decided to go with EV-11 - easier masks to create. Speaking of masks, I designed them based on Tally Ho decals. I do not really like decals and spraying masks in 1:32 is not difficult. The only decals are the stencils, which I used from the Trumpeter's kit. They should be in Czech, but they have German words - oh well. If I had enough f*cks to give, I would custom made them and print them. May be next time
So, the cockpit is from Aires and it was not a drop in fit. I did not thin the walls enough, so that created a fit issue with the windshield (aka front part of canopy) that I had to deal with.
I enjoyed painting this model. The black basing created really nice tonal variation. I also post-shaded panel lines, to see if I can get a better weathering effect. I looks to me way too much on the pictures. It is not that pronounced on the model. To dirty the model up I used oil paints and soft pastels. Some pigments went on the tires. Nothing complicated. The smoke stains are airbrushed, 1:20 of paint to thinner.
The wheels are aftermarket are very nicely detailed - hope the picture does them justice.
This album is attached to project Avia C-10 (Czechoslovak Police Air Force).
Return to the overview page to View all albums