Hey guys here the next update on this monster. I was out with a cold for the past few days and therefore could not build or post in this time. The frame is almost finished and i will prime it tomorrow. Then moving to the cabines and interrior.
I had to search long for the pictures of the BM-30. Especially for the pictures of the frame. I was not sure if the frame is black or also painted in the camo colors. I found both variations: Smerch painted in camo with a black frame and also a Smerch completely painted in camo colors even the frame.
I decided to go with a russian two tone camo sheme: Green and light green. The frame will be also painted in camo colors on the outside. I will upload a picture of the camo sheme later.
The building process till now was without any problems. The only thing i didnt like so far was that you have to use the PE parts. There are no plastic parts that you can use instead of the PE parts.
Trumpeters PE parts are way to think on the bending points and it make it very hard to bend very small parts.
Advise for you guys: use the sharp tip of your hobby knife and go with it over the bending points. Two or three times are enough. Just turn around the PE part and look if you can see the wells on the other side. After that you can bend the parts without any problems.
I am still not sure if i shoud use the kits wheels or replace them with MENGs resin wheels. :/
18. February at 23:14:49