Awesome looking Hornet 👍
Very nice Alexander! The detailed pics are also very nice!
👍 Very nice Hornet!
Looks cool 👍
Thanks guys! Was an older build before me Su-33, but I decided to upload the pics now. Glad you guys like it.
Great Great job Alexander 👏
it's a beautiful piece
I can't wait to assemble this kit too
Just be prepared for the LERX underside and the area around the intakes and main wheel bayes, as well as the front-to-rear fuselage fit - those are the biggest fit issues I had.
November 5, 2021
November 2, 2021
October 29, 2021
Beautiful job Alexander. How was the kit?, I have this one also.
Wow that has come out well, was it Mr Colour for the colours or ?
Thanks Clifford and Augie!
@Clifford: The kit was largely decent in terms of fit, though since I added quite some aftermarket I induced fit issues by myself: in particular the engine intake (due to the resin front landing gear) and the bottom-to-top fuselage seal in the front area (due to the resin cockpit). Also the rear spine area of the vertical stabilizer did not fit that well by itself and caused some significant gaps. Apart from that, I do not remember any other major fit issues or alike. The kit goes together well enough and I'm sure a veteran of building ill-received kits like you will have no problem with that Hasegawa kit.
@Augie: I predominantly use AK Real Color colors, as well as Xtreme Metal for metal parts - though I'm including more Alclad paints in that regard. I do not remember the exact colors I used, but for the blue none came close enough anyway so I had to mix them. As can be seen in my build album, I even redid the dark blue color as it was too grey-ish.
Thank you for the information Alexander.
Of course Clifford, glad to be of help.
October 27, 2021
November 29, 2021
October 23, 2021
June 25, 2021
June 24, 2021
June 23, 2021
June 22, 2021
June 16, 2021
Nice one Alexander!
Today I've ordered mine nearly the same stuff as yours?. Looking forward to this one.
Yeah, will see when I start it. 😄 But looking forward to it, will decide what armament I take - my current ideas are the two TAURUS from my Eurofigher kit or some smaller JDAMS with a targeting pod.
Both are cool options!
I'm thinking also about the refueling pod which could be also a nice config. My previous one has two GLBs loaded so a targeting pod could also be a nice option. Will See?!
May 11, 2021
Wow fantastic paint job in there!
That is really coming along beautifully! Really nice paintwork there and some great detail work.
Thank you both very much!
Awesome looking so far.
Great job on this one, can't wait to get it out of my stash, a beautiful aircraft. Any bigger problems you ran into?
Thanks for the comment Mark.
Actually, quite a few - you feel under closer observation and during the build that the whole CAD-design and such is a bit unfinished:
1. The joint between the radome part and the forward fuselage leaves a considerably large gap - at least one one side - that needs to be filled, since the parts do not align perfectly with each other (as can be seen on picture 20)
2. There were some wrongly labeled parts on the landing gear, though I do not remember which of them - they were small. Not a big problem, but look more closely at reference pics to be sure
3. The instruction says to install the front landing gear before assembling the two fuselage halves. I didn't do it, but it required some modifications later to somehow get the landing gear in and bend it into the correct position (that was on me, but on the other side it is poor design that such a step is required imo)
4. The whole wing flap mechanism isn't particularly good: the holes were orignially too small for the actuator parts to fit, so I cut out some material in the side parts. Maybe if it wasn't to big afterwards, the actuators would have hold the wings on their own, but this way I had to bend two metal needles and put them into the front wholes on this whole mechanism as to balance the flapped wings
5. As seems to be the case with all Flanker models (though I do only know from others), the whole engine intake is not perfect, it requires a bit of bending/holding the parts in place by force. Moreover, there is a small step between the to-be-installed parts and the molded in part of the lower fuselage part in this area (seen for example on pic 21)
I think that was basically it, certainly more trouble than I anticipated based on the beautiful (but in some areas inconsistens, as in shallow) detail.
If you want good reference pics, here are links to some very good workarounds - at least for landing gear, that's what I focused on:
I hope I was clear enough in my descriptions.
Thanks Alexander for your clear input here, always good to know which items need some extra attention. About the links: yes, I've already downloaded these photos, ? it's a great reference.
No problem at all, I hope this will help in your build.
April 30, 2021
April 24, 2021
April 21, 2021
April 9, 2021
April 2, 2021
March 30, 2021
March 29, 2021
March 27, 2021
March 24, 2021
March 19, 2021
March 17, 2021
March 16, 2021
March 15, 2021
March 10, 2021
February 7, 2021