June 25, 2021
June 24, 2021
June 23, 2021
June 22, 2021
June 16, 2021
Nice one Alexander!
Today I've ordered mine nearly the same stuff as yours😬. Looking forward to this one.
Yeah, will see when I start it. 😄 But looking forward to it, will decide what armament I take - my current ideas are the two TAURUS from my Eurofigher kit or some smaller JDAMS with a targeting pod.
Both are cool options!
I'm thinking also about the refueling pod which could be also a nice config. My previous one has two GLBs loaded so a targeting pod could also be a nice option. Will See😬!
May 11, 2021
Wow fantastic paint job in there!
That is really coming along beautifully! Really nice paintwork there and some great detail work.
Thank you both very much!
Awesome looking so far.
Great job on this one, can't wait to get it out of my stash, a beautiful aircraft. Any bigger problems you ran into?
Thanks for the comment Mark.
Actually, quite a few - you feel under closer observation and during the build that the whole CAD-design and such is a bit unfinished:
1. The joint between the radome part and the forward fuselage leaves a considerably large gap - at least one one side - that needs to be filled, since the parts do not align perfectly with each other (as can be seen on picture 20)
2. There were some wrongly labeled parts on the landing gear, though I do not remember which of them - they were small. Not a big problem, but look more closely at reference pics to be sure
3. The instruction says to install the front landing gear before assembling the two fuselage halves. I didn't do it, but it required some modifications later to somehow get the landing gear in and bend it into the correct position (that was on me, but on the other side it is poor design that such a step is required imo)
4. The whole wing flap mechanism isn't particularly good: the holes were orignially too small for the actuator parts to fit, so I cut out some material in the side parts. Maybe if it wasn't to big afterwards, the actuators would have hold the wings on their own, but this way I had to bend two metal needles and put them into the front wholes on this whole mechanism as to balance the flapped wings
5. As seems to be the case with all Flanker models (though I do only know from others), the whole engine intake is not perfect, it requires a bit of bending/holding the parts in place by force. Moreover, there is a small step between the to-be-installed parts and the molded in part of the lower fuselage part in this area (seen for example on pic 21)
I think that was basically it, certainly more trouble than I anticipated based on the beautiful (but in some areas inconsistens, as in shallow) detail.
If you want good reference pics, here are links to some very good workarounds - at least for landing gear, that's what I focused on:
I hope I was clear enough in my descriptions.
Thanks Alexander for your clear input here, always good to know which items need some extra attention. About the links: yes, I've already downloaded these photos, 👌 it's a great reference.
No problem at all, I hope this will help in your build.
Many thanks to your nice words Neil!
I`ve one of these to build but I have to learn something more to get sometning similar at the end. Congratulations.
Thanks Jorge and good look with your modeling, I'm sure your model will be nice looking!
April 30, 2021
April 24, 2021
April 21, 2021
April 9, 2021
April 2, 2021
March 30, 2021
March 29, 2021
March 27, 2021
March 24, 2021
March 19, 2021
March 17, 2021
March 16, 2021
March 15, 2021
March 10, 2021
February 7, 2021
November 13, 2020
November 8, 2020
November 2, 2020