Scalemates, scale modeling database | stash manager
login | faq | facts | about us | privacy |
scale modeling database | stash manager
cookiemonster
Duncan Cook (cookiemonster)
DE
Offline

 

Yak 3 Sm?r

View images (13): | | List
 

Project

Albums: 1 with 13 images
1:72
Completed
1:72 Jak-3 (Směr 157)
 

Comments

18. September 2013, 20:48
Show 21 previous comments
 
Duncan Cook
Tried to "kill" the dominance of the black paint with a thin green oversrpay, what do you think?
18. September 2013, 23:09
Burkhard D
So you are already into filter techniques ;)
19. September 2013, 06:32
Jens
Moin Duncan wenn man Schwarz "brechen" möchte , dann wohl nicht von "Oben", du solltest als Basisschwarz einfach keine reines Schwarz verwenden , oder , als Grundlack hellere Farben verwenden .
Das "Übernebeln" der Flächen macht mehr Sinn bei "Gebrauchsspuren"
Auf deinen Bilder wirkt das Schwarz schon mehr wie Graubraun fast wie RLM 83
Kompliment für die Farbübergänge , da hast du wirklich zugelegt , die Airgun arbeitet für Dich ;)
20. September 2013, 04:44
Duncan Cook
Das Problem ist das ich bis vor kurzem kein Geld für ein dunkles Grau hatte.
Jetzt trudelt ja langsam die Geburstagspost ein :)
Danke für das ompliment Jens, ist shcon erstaunlich was eine neue Düse Nadel und der Originalverdünner ausmachen können.
20. September 2013, 12:27
Holger Kranich
I think it looks the way it should!
20. September 2013, 13:27
Duncan Cook
Almsot done, applied matt varnish today.
25. September 2013, 20:21
Marc Schimmler
Looks fine so far. Flat black is too strong. I barely use it anymore. I shifted to tarblac or Anthrazit.
25. September 2013, 20:48
Clifford Keesler
Looks good to me.
25. September 2013, 21:31
Martien Lourens
Looks fine Duncan. I agree with Jens. I never use pure black. I always use nato black or black gray.
26. September 2013, 05:09
Duncan Cook
I applied the cannopy, but I also need to add some putty to the frontsection of the cannopy.
I hate these open hearted operations.
26. September 2013, 11:47
Duncan Cook
Another question:
The Yak has a thread from the tail to the cannopy.
What is the best way to glue the thread to the cannopy without gluetraces.?
26. September 2013, 12:30
Duncan Cook
END! OVER! I am not able to finish this kit.
I lost important parts.
27. September 2013, 16:35
27. September 2013, 17:04
Dave Flitton
You will find them or we can donate them. Looks like a good project.
27. September 2013, 17:10
Duncan Cook
I haven't found them. I already searched everywhere.
I new kit costs on ebay 15 euros and that's too expensive for my taste.
27. September 2013, 17:19
Marc Schimmler
Oh my Duncan ... the carpetmonster is quite cruel to you ....
28. September 2013, 14:04
Burkhard D
Don't give up right away. Which parts are missing?
28. September 2013, 16:31
Duncan Cook
Exaust pipes and parts of the landing gear cover.
28. September 2013, 21:14
Burkhard D
Come on, you can scratch those parts. Just give it a try. And believe me, the carpet monster will release the original parts as soon as you have finished the replacements :)
28. September 2013, 22:16
Duncan Cook
I can't scrath the exaust pipes. I don't even know the sizes of the old ones.
28. September 2013, 23:02
Markus Kutsch The Plastic Bench
:(
Rip carpet out !!
I think its not easy to scratch the exhaust pipes.Especially if you dont know the size .
29. September 2013, 04:03
Marc Schimmler
If you check the shape of the sprues exhaust parts they anyhow look funny. Better build your own, that is not as difficult as it may seem.
29. September 2013, 18:25
Duncan Cook
I lost the sprue with this parts.
It was a small sprue.
29. September 2013, 19:59
Marc Schimmler
Check some pics in the web. They show the parts.
29. September 2013, 20:55
Duncan Cook
Who gave me the link tot he resin exaust pipes?
I can't find it.
30. October 2013, 20:14
Duncan Cook
Added some new images.
3. November 2013, 23:59
Duncan Cook
Guess what? I found the parts, now that I closed the trenches with putty.
ARGH! Should I remove the putty and apply the found parts? what do you think?
6. November 2013, 22:05
Wilfried Bogaerts
Maybe you can sand or file the recovered parts so you get rid of the part that goes "in" the cowling, so you don't have to mess about with the finished model?
6. November 2013, 22:15
Duncan Cook
Let's see what I can do.
7. November 2013, 00:07
Duncan Cook
Got to scratch the crap off. And rework the parts.
7. November 2013, 13:57
Duncan Cook
It's done.
13. November 2013, 17:16
Wim van der Luijt
Looks good to me...nice airbrush work (and loosing parts along the way sucks!) I do wonder why you added the prop so early in the build. I tend to leave mine off till the very end and then glue it in place, easier to paint and I don't care if it spins or not....
13. November 2013, 17:34
Marc Schimmler
Fine. Looking forward to see it at the 29th.
13. November 2013, 17:50
Duncan Cook
Because I want it to spin when i blow it. :)
13. November 2013, 18:01
Wim van der Luijt
I guess that's all the reason you need :)
13. November 2013, 18:07
Duncan Cook
It's all wrong! This is the original white 100:
Here is a 90s build Yak 3 in the real camouflage: [img1]
17. November 2013, 17:28
Wim van der Luijt
planes get repainted all the time...yours looks good what's to worry....
17. November 2013, 17:58
Duncan Cook
It just bugs me, I could have done more research
17. November 2013, 18:39
Marc Schimmler
Next time ... don't worry.
17. November 2013, 19:35

All albums

View all albums »

 

We use cookies to give you a great and free experience on our website. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

You can change your Cookie settings at any time. (Essential cookies are for: preferences, security, performance analytics and contextual advertising)

Privacy policy »     Continue