Show 21 previous comments Duncan Cook
Tried to "kill" the dominance of the black paint with a thin green oversrpay, what do you think?
18. September 2013 at 23:09:42
So you are already into filter techniques
19. September 2013 at 06:32:25
Moin Duncan wenn man Schwarz "brechen" möchte , dann wohl nicht von "Oben", du solltest als Basisschwarz einfach keine reines Schwarz verwenden , oder , als Grundlack hellere Farben verwenden .
Das "Übernebeln" der Flächen macht mehr Sinn bei "Gebrauchsspuren"
Auf deinen Bilder wirkt das Schwarz schon mehr wie Graubraun fast wie RLM 83
Kompliment für die Farbübergänge , da hast du wirklich zugelegt , die Airgun arbeitet für Dich
20. September 2013 at 04:44:29
Das Problem ist das ich bis vor kurzem kein Geld für ein dunkles Grau hatte.
Jetzt trudelt ja langsam die Geburstagspost ein
Danke für das ompliment Jens, ist shcon erstaunlich was eine neue Düse Nadel und der Originalverdünner ausmachen können.
20. September 2013 at 12:27:10
20. September 2013 at 13:27:43
25. September 2013 at 20:21:28
Looks fine so far. Flat black is too strong. I barely use it anymore. I shifted to tarblac or Anthrazit.
25. September 2013 at 20:48:38
25. September 2013 at 21:31:03
Looks fine Duncan. I agree with Jens. I never use pure black. I always use nato black or black gray.
26. September 2013 at 05:09:14
I applied the cannopy, but I also need to add some putty to the frontsection of the cannopy.
I hate these open hearted operations.
26. September 2013 at 11:47:18
The Yak has a thread from the tail to the cannopy.
What is the best way to glue the thread to the cannopy without gluetraces.?
26. September 2013 at 12:30:02
END! OVER! I am not able to finish this kit.
I lost important parts.
27. September 2013 at 16:35:14
27. September 2013 at 17:04:18
You will find them or we can donate them. Looks like a good project.
27. September 2013 at 17:10:25
I haven't found them. I already searched everywhere.
I new kit costs on ebay 15 euros and that's too expensive for my taste.
27. September 2013 at 17:19:03
Oh my Duncan ... the carpetmonster is quite cruel to you ....
28. September 2013 at 14:04:16
Don't give up right away. Which parts are missing?
28. September 2013 at 16:31:42
Exaust pipes and parts of the landing gear cover.
28. September 2013 at 21:14:12
Come on, you can scratch those parts. Just give it a try. And believe me, the carpet monster will release the original parts as soon as you have finished the replacements
28. September 2013 at 22:16:51
I can't scrath the exaust pipes. I don't even know the sizes of the old ones.
28. September 2013 at 23:02:40
Rip carpet out !!
I think its not easy to scratch the exhaust pipes.Especially if you dont know the size .
29. September 2013 at 04:03:22
If you check the shape of the sprues exhaust parts they anyhow look funny. Better build your own, that is not as difficult as it may seem.
29. September 2013 at 18:25:39
I lost the sprue with this parts.
It was a small sprue.
29. September 2013 at 19:59:28
29. September 2013 at 20:55:13
Who gave me the link tot he resin exaust pipes?
I can't find it.
30. October 2013 at 20:14:04
3. November 2013 at 23:59:38
Guess what? I found the parts, now that I closed the trenches with putty.
ARGH! Should I remove the putty and apply the found parts? what do you think?
6. November 2013 at 22:05:49
Maybe you can sand or file the recovered parts so you get rid of the part that goes "in" the cowling, so you don't have to mess about with the finished model?
6. November 2013 at 22:15:47
7. November 2013 at 00:07:57
Got to scratch the crap off. And rework the parts.
7. November 2013 at 13:57:50
13. November 2013 at 17:16:40
Wim van der Luijt
Looks good to me...nice airbrush work (and loosing parts along the way sucks!) I do wonder why you added the prop so early in the build. I tend to leave mine off till the very end and then glue it in place, easier to paint and I don't care if it spins or not....
13. November 2013 at 17:34:35
13. November 2013 at 17:50:58
13. November 2013 at 18:01:11
13. November 2013 at 18:07:42
It's all wrong! This is the original white 100:
Here is a 90s build Yak 3 in the real camouflage: [img1]
17. November 2013 at 17:28:46
Wim van der Luijt
planes get repainted all the time...yours looks good what's to worry....
17. November 2013 at 17:58:41
It just bugs me, I could have done more research
17. November 2013 at 18:39:58
Add comment »
17. November 2013 at 19:35:22