Places of interest in Overloon, according to Wikipedia
have fun Holly:
-The Liberty Park, including the National War and Resistance Museum, opened in 1946.
-The Zoo Parc Overloon, a small zoo.
-On the path between the Liberty Park and the zoo are seven wooden sculptures produced by Marjolijn Mandersloot. They date from 2005.
-The Church of the Holy Theobaldus and Anthony of Padua is a modern church, designed by Jan Strik, with brick reliefs on the exterior walls. The parish has worshipped St. Donatus from 1884 to about 1970. -There was a St. Donatus Brotherhood, but when in 1944 the statue was destroyed, this devotional worship gradually less. In 1975 the fraternity disbanded. At the back of the church is still a picture of St. Donatus.
-Schaartven is a former sand excavation site of 7 hectares. After the excavation site was closed, the total area of 23 hectares was planted and decorated by the municipality of Vierlingsbeek to which Overloon belonged to at that time. In 1995 the land was privatized. Nowadays there is a recreational lake with a beach and a fish pond.
-Hiding Chapel or Chapel of the Good Dive (Mary or Save Hide), from 1954. The chapel stands on the corner Venrayseweg / Mers Loseweg. The funds for this chapel are raised by the many hiding in Overloon during the war. The chapel is the following scripture (Isaiah 16: 3-4) Hide the refugees and betrayal them not and be for them a refuge from the destroyer.
-Overloon War Cemetery, a British war cemetery.
Between Overloon, Maashees and Venray are the Overloon Dunes, a drift sand ridge.
11. August at 13:42:10