Show 40 previous comments Roland Sachsenhofer
First pictures of the Whirlwind project: I did some further detailing to the cockpit area, which did look quite busy judging from original photographs.
6. December 2014 at 20:05:57
Some new pictures. Without any sanding and filling this little Whirlybird looks still quite crude...
7. December 2014 at 14:44:21
7. December 2014 at 14:44:25
7. December 2014 at 14:44:46
7. December 2014 at 14:46:59
Nice work in the cockpit - which markings will you use?
7. December 2014 at 15:13:36
7. December 2014 at 15:20:27
Really nice cockpi! looks awesome!
7. December 2014 at 15:21:28
7. December 2014 at 17:21:47
Fast and nice progress! Looking forward to some more. Cheers, Christian
7. December 2014 at 18:19:38
7. December 2014 at 18:33:35
7. December 2014 at 19:55:09
Hello all! Thank you for all these kind comments!
Bill, have a look at the new picture: Special Hobbies painting guide for HE-J, the Whirlwind I am going to build.
7. December 2014 at 20:41:54
The first pics show all the areas where I had to use filler; in the following you can see the Whirlwind having been already sanded. Next step will be masking the canopy and to preshade the surfaces...
8. December 2014 at 16:19:33
8. December 2014 at 19:47:07
Great build Roland, the Whirly looks like a pleasure to build.
8. December 2014 at 20:38:55
indeed, so far... I am looking forward to mask and glue the canopy, hoping for a good fit.
10. December 2014 at 12:35:57
Masking of the canopy has been done, so some preshading -and "pre-lighting" could be untertaken...
I will have to correct some minor issues, then "Sky"/ Gunze H74 will be sprayed on the underside.
13. December 2014 at 20:17:08
13. December 2014 at 21:06:10
Super Roland! I like this aircraft and you're doing very well! Following with interest.
13. December 2014 at 21:12:06
I'll be following your build with interest. I've always liked the Whirlwind and should really add one to my collection.
13. December 2014 at 21:12:20
14. December 2014 at 09:00:30
Hello mates, thank you for these words! I also feel eager to see paint on that Whirly...
14. December 2014 at 09:30:30
14. December 2014 at 09:40:14
Thank you Es-haq!
A few steps further: the masking is ready for "Dark Green"...
After having applied "Dark Green" I will soften up the edges of the colours with my airbrush held hand free.
21. December 2014 at 20:08:10
Added some new pictures: all colours have been painted- the color-edges have been "softened" with free hand airbrush- and the decals got applied.
What will follow is the sealing of the surfaces with clear gloss and some wear and tear...
26. December 2014 at 13:22:47
Coming nicely. Alway wondered how such a nice looking aircraft could be such a fail.
26. December 2014 at 13:41:49
26. December 2014 at 14:39:53
That´s nice, mates, thank you!
Marc, it seems as if the look was alright- but the engines fitted did make the trouble...
26. December 2014 at 16:08:45
26. December 2014 at 17:05:22
27. December 2014 at 00:40:20
27. December 2014 at 09:25:52
27. December 2014 at 09:40:05
27. December 2014 at 10:12:28
27. December 2014 at 15:08:55
Thank you all for these kind and encouraging words! The Whirlwind is now in the home straight: the surfaces will be finished with Gunze clear matt before assembling all the minor parts.
Till now I have applied a decent wahing, some wear and tear and, with black, brown and a shade of gray, the exhaust stains.
28. December 2014 at 11:45:37
Really really nice work Roland! Looks awesome! Is this a homemade stand?
28. December 2014 at 12:46:12
Thank you Soeren! Indeed, this stand is "scratched", just for fun, depicting nothing in specific
28. December 2014 at 14:28:51
Great idea for that
Definitely better than my Lego stand
28. December 2014 at 15:05:43
Good paint work Roland. The black and white lower wing looks pretty nice too!
28. December 2014 at 16:48:40
Progressing well Roland. Looking forward to the finished model.No pressure
28. December 2014 at 23:36:08
The end is near...
just a few finishing touches with the drybrush -and all will be done what I am willing and able to do in that scale...
2. January 2015 at 09:37:44
2. January 2015 at 10:55:13
2. January 2015 at 12:18:19
2. January 2015 at 14:02:59
2. January 2015 at 14:43:07
Superb work, Roland! Now I have something to copy once this kit works its way to the top of my stash!
2. January 2015 at 15:35:18
2. January 2015 at 15:39:16
Thank you for these very kind and quite motivating words! Bill, I adore your work- your words are quite a special honor for me!
I added a few final pictures to this Special Hobby experience... thank you all for interest and comments!
3. January 2015 at 10:10:31
Toll gelungen deine Whirlwind, perfektes Finish und sehr stimmiges Modell, gratuliere dir!
3. January 2015 at 12:46:05
3. January 2015 at 13:07:25
3. January 2015 at 16:11:53
Ein sehr schönes Endergebnis Roland. Besonders das dezente Weathering gefällt mir gut.
3. January 2015 at 16:36:16
3. January 2015 at 19:26:01
Great result - especially after fighting all those nasty seams - lovely little and not often modelled aircraft.
3. January 2015 at 19:34:15
Thank you all, I am impressed by your very kind words- that´s quite a pleasant boost for me!
5. January 2015 at 08:17:23
Fantastic build Roland,very impressive you should be very happy with the finished model.
5. January 2015 at 21:15:29
Add comment »
6. January 2015 at 08:54:26