Scalemates, scale modeling database | stash manager
login | faq | facts | about us | privacy |
scale modeling database | stash manager
Cappyka78
Roland Kovacs (Cappyka78)
IE
Offline

 

Mi-2 Work in progress

View images (30): | | List
 

Project

1:48
Completed
1:48 Mi-2 (Aeroplast 90038)1:48 Mi-2T, Mi-2P, Mi-2Sz (Part S48-160)1+
Mil Mi-2 Hoplite
HU Fire and emergency services Air Ambulance
HA-BCA | White, grey
 

Comments

14. April 2016, 08:27
 
Bart Goesaert
Nice work so far. With regards to the CA, I put a drop on a piece of aluminium sheet from the kitchen. With a small piece of cupperwire, i pick some glue from this drop and touch the borders. due to capillarity the CA gets between the PE and the part, a bit like the extra thin cement from tamiya...
15. April 2016, 08:01
Roland Kovacs
How you keep the PE in place? If I stick it down with a masking take, will it glue the tape to the model as well? At the moment I really struggle to put the grille into the cut holes... Is there any special way to place them flush to the surface?
15. April 2016, 08:07
Bart Goesaert
euh, there's no easy way, on my su-34 i removed the excess material by using the part as a template and then scrape the material away:

material:[img1]

[img2]

With regards to holding it in place: you can use blutack or prittbuddy i a corner, then fix it on a few points, remove the tape, or other material and fix it completely
15. April 2016, 08:50
Roland Kovacs
Thanks! Great tip, I'll try the blutack method...
15. April 2016, 09:32
Bart Goesaert
comes along nicely...
29. April 2016, 08:23
Roland Kovacs
Thanks Bart!
I don't know if its visible on the pictures, but I tried the Vallejo Liquid mask on the clear parts. Now the problem is, I do not know what to use to dilute and remove the residue from the brush. It's not an expensive brush, but still I would like to salvage it.
Any idea for a stronger thinner maybe?
What you guys are using to remove liquid mask from the used brush?
29. April 2016, 10:29
Bart Goesaert
water i thought...
29. April 2016, 10:34
Roland Kovacs
Water actually solidified the mask within seconds... I think I'll try acetone...
29. April 2016, 10:44
Gordon Sørensen
Great looking cockpit and engine compartment details, Roland!
29. April 2016, 12:40
Roland Kovacs
Thanks Gordon!
29. April 2016, 12:46
Bart Goesaert
nice progress so far... decals look very nice...
10. May 2016, 08:04
Roland Kovacs
Thanks Bart!
The aftermarket decals are nice and thin. Some needed correction, like the writing on the sides of the cabin was printed in red, but the original was yellow. Also the serial number of the plane at the back of the boom was just an imagery number which I corrected. I used A4 decal paper for laser printer which worked pretty OK as well.
10. May 2016, 09:30
Mike Grant
That's looking really good Roland
10. May 2016, 13:09
10. May 2016, 14:26
Roland Kovacs
Thanks much Mike & Jens
11. May 2016, 06:51

All albums

View all albums »

 

We use cookies to give you a great and free experience on our website. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

You can change your Cookie settings at any time. (Essential cookies are for: preferences, security, performance analytics and contextual advertising)

Privacy policy »     Continue