First, closed, not open.
I assembled as directed, starting at the port side and working toward the starboard side. I got all four pieces glued into place before I realized that piece number three, the starboard bottom panel bowed upwards and in to the bomb bay.
After cogitating from some long while, I finally inserted the tip of a fine Xacto knife between the bottom panel and the side panel at the point of the apex of the bow of the bottom panel and levered it up into the position where I thought it should be. I then applied copious quanities of 'clear-part glue' to between the panels, while the Xacto knife remained in place, with its handle taped to the starboard wheel. After the clear glue (the kind for 'making' glass windows) dried, I untaped the Xacto handle and extracted the blade. I'll have to do a bit of sanding along that panel line on the bomb bay doors, but it doesn't look too bad at all and it no longer bows up into the bay itself.
I have a picture of the knife in place, but I haven't uploded it yet.
19. January 2013, 14:48