I decided to make a few notes about the kit and the products I used for my P-40 project in hopes that it would be helpful to others when building the kit. I am not an rivet counter but I like to study thruoughtly the subject I am modeling so here are some of my thoughts. Off with part one then:
- front windshield to wide, sliding part is too thick and stands out in comparison with original (to high profile, shimming the fitting area of the fuselage does not completely solve the problem), sloppy fit, wrong outlines of rear fuselage glazing (pmasks solve problem);
- after fitting of the upper cowling to the fuselage the created line is not in accordance with the original, needs to be redone;
- the tailplanes are to thick and wing trailing edges also;
- front armored glass, N2A gunshight missing (not present on all examples of the P-40B - check your references);
- Mechanical gunsight and seat rear frame missing;
- landing gear reinforcements missing 3x position rods on every side plus gear door actuators;
- good wheel well representation (if modeling without the canvas covers which were indeed often removed.
Beside of this it looks definetly like an P-40B and is easily convertible into a P-40 CU.
16. May, 21:14