I finally built my Stuka from Revell and finished my old Diorama from the eastern front.
The kit was quite crappy, raised panel lines, horrible details, so I had to improvise and enhance it a bit.
First I added pilots, as I wanted to pose the plane flying in my Diorama. You can see how that worked out in the pictures, I think its ok. Tip: Don't buy Airfix' "German Luftwaffe personnell". The plastic does stick less than teflon. Seriously, I found no paint and no glue (not plastic glue, not tamiya ET, not PA, not CA. Nothing. I bought 2 extra pilots after I found that out.
Secondly I had to give the bird new gun barrels, as the originals were... sticks. I think they make a huge difference.
Lastly, I had to bash the shit out of the kit concerning the paint. I preshaded in 3 colors, I painted it, then I added scratches with the sponge technique and a fine brush and lastly added a bit of postshading and the exhaust traces with pigments.
I hope you like it, CC always welcome!
9. December 2018, 23:22