scale modeling database | stash manager
28. November 2017 at 10:23:14 Share
28. November 2017 at 10:22:33 Share
November 23, 2017
23. November 2017 at 10:10:07 Share
23. November 2017 at 10:09:31 Share
November 21, 2017
21. November 2017 at 07:41:44 Share
November 20, 2017
20. November 2017 at 18:12:02 Share
November 19, 2017
19. November 2017 at 20:56:25 Share
added a new photoalbum.
Updated: November 22, 2017
14. December 2016 at 10:54:08 Share
View full thread with 41 comments
13. November 2017 at 15:24:03
Better slow than no progress at all I guess ^^
16. November 2017 at 21:57:20
17. November 2017 at 04:47:26
Too bad that the 52 kits all suck.
17. November 2017 at 08:40:56
I am guessing that the 1:72 scale HobbyBoss kit is equally off. I am not a train guy, but wonder if there were significant productifon variations that could explain the Trumpeter version? Or did they just guess their way through the design process?
18. November 2017 at 15:54:42
Alec, no clue about the 1/72 one as I don't own it, but from what I have seen, yes, same issues. They mixed plate and bar frame design features, added tons of post-war stuff and also the overall frame is wrong either way. (Bar and plate frame are two different steam engine frame types, only approx 300 52s had the bar, whereas some 6000+ had the plate frame). They just copied post war engines I assume... and they were modified so vastly....that many have nothing in common with an original 52. i got a huge flickr album with all the research and the kit faults and flaws. For the k4t30 tender they must have used a Turkish modified one amongst others as a model... they are the only tenders to have the way too wide rear box that trumpeter added afaik. The model as it is in the box, was under no circumstances any of the different versions produced. (Still, it is a nice OOB steam locomotive, but no 52) <- though that is rivet counting^^
18. November 2017 at 21:52:29
Thanks for the explanation, much appreciated. Is there a wartime BR-52 in existence?
19. November 2017 at 13:44:49
Add a comment » Blaubar
See pm. I'll See and find the Swiss/French link for you.
19. November 2017 at 18:42:20
You can change your Cookie settings at any time.