John Van Kooten
As mentioned earlier, this is going to go slow
I have added some images (#15 - #24) that show some progress. It may seem insignificant but it took me a while to get the effects working the way I needed them to be. Each part also received many different coats of paint which made the process slower because of drying times.
I have basically started working on the front and the back of the vehicle, slowly merging everything together.
Image #15 #16
I removed the exhaust muffler from the model to be able to paint it separately. I also continued with the engine deck side armor plates. The images show the result.
Image #17 - #21
Even though most of it will be hidden from view by the engine deck side armor plates, I still weathered the top of the fenders. Not really necessary but it was also an excercise to check what colors would work
Obviously I will continue to work on the back end of the fenders, which will remain in plain view, at a later time. You can also see the exhaust muffler in place (not glued yet).
Image #23 #24
Here you can see one of the engine deck side armor plates in place. You can clearly see the difference in tone of the Dunkelgelb because the armor plates have not received any filters and subsequent weathering.
13. September 2015, 19:30