Guess what I did? I will keep you out of the horrible suspense I put you in as I am not cruel. Anyway, as you know, I am building two helicopters from this same kit, with aftermarket upgardes to the attack folding board troop carrier version. You know about removing the doors before building of course. Well since these are my first kits in years, I already made a HUGE MISTAKE. First, I removed both port side doors via scoring a thousand times via sewing needle in my x-acto handle with sewing needle attacked. Then I did the starboard side, not problems. Then it came time for the second bird to enter surgery. When I lookd closer to, I realized that the rear door is molded separately. This means that whatever I cut out of the first bird needed to be fixed.
So, instead and smashing my head thru a wall, I tool this as a reason to buy new kits with the proper clear canopies! I will build these as OOB just for the practice, since my last build was 3+ years ago.
Now I just need to find and order two more Hughes 500D kits online and hope I don't get robbed on shipping. Meanwhile, I am going to Frankenstein the hell out of these kits, doing lots of damage/repair and even scratch build so stuff just for the learning experience.
Thanks for sharing your build,
Anthony stalker6recon D'Agostino
13. April at 18:39:52