I started this kid years ago but never finished it. Luckily, I haven't come very far. So I just had to sand off the old revell enamel color I applied with a brush. During the years I lost one of the rudder pedals.
So I had to scrap build them new.
While searching for reference photos, I found a picture of a nice "used" cockpit. As I'm a big fan of weaterhing I decided to tryout the hairspray technique on the cockpit floor. I sanded off the molded seatbelts as I am going to replace them with pe parts.
Update: The hairspray didn't work as expected. So I'm going tp paint the chips. Built the radio and the transponder from scratch after a reference photo. Also the pe instruments details where assembled after a real world photo. Aswell as a garmin gps unit and a cockpit lamp. The package is made out of a package.
Cut the flaps out with a saw to display the flaps extended.
The fit of the model isn't very good. A lot of afterwork is required.
5. Fuselage and Wings:
Lot of problems with the fitting of the engine cowling. Alot of putty and sanding is required. The wings fit pretty well in the fuselage. The windshield isn't sitting correct.
After a lot of sanding I applied grey vallejo surface primer th the cub. Unfortunately the primer clocked so I will have to do a lot of sanding again.
Had to paint at leat 10-12 layers since the vallejo yellow isn't very opaque. This is resulted in some paint drips on the bottom side of the fuselage.
Had problems with airbrushing the vallejo varnish. Seems like it reacted with the paint in some spots and created craters and drips.
Decals are ok.
Applied some dust and dried mud effects.
It turned out ok despite all the mistakes I made and problems I had. Looking forward to the next one I have in stash.
N693JB | Birchwood Airport, AL 2009
|Timeline:||Started on January 14, 2020, Finished on September 18, 2020|
I used following colors in this project.