First time using PE parts. Worked quite well so far. Also my fist time trying out the chipping technique. Used it for the seats and the cockpit frame. Not that satisfied yet. Next comes the engine.
Tried different weathering methods on the engine.
Fuselage fitting is ok but not perfect. Next comes the putty and sanding work.
Attaching the PE on the upper wing was an absolute nightmare. Had to take it off several times and reassemble it. Got bent at the edges.
Had massive problems with the ammo of mig primer. Neither airbrushing it straight out of the bottle or thinning it down didn't lead to a good result. The color was way to thick so I lost a lot of details I tried to rescribe in the following step.
The ammo of mig paint was a huge disappointment aswell. The color didn't stick well. Had to paint several layers so the layer is quite thick and uneven. When I sanded it down huge part went off. Didn't manage to get a nice even surface. Painted the leading edges of the wings red as the decals wouldn't cover it. Paint ran under the tape.
Used Vallejo Gloss Varnish Spray for the first time. Read afterwards that it need to try for some days. As I applied the decals the water loosed it and the surface went uneven again.
The decals are just awful. Either they wont stick at all or they stick instandly and can't be removed again. Broke some as I tried to move them in the right place.
Made a wash with Tamiya Panel Line Color. The paint stuck itself in the uneven parts of the wings. Couldn' remove it no matter how hard I tried. So it has a kind of dirty look I didn't want to create.
Let's not talk about it..
I made a lot of mistakes and rushed at the end because I wanted to finally finish this project as I wasn' t satisfied with it anymore. It started to go wrong with the priming than the painting and the varnishing. I lost my mojo. So I rushed with the rigging and the weathering was uninspired aswell. But I wont grieve because I learned a lot and gained new experience for example with pe-parts.
|Timeline:||Started on April 30, 2019, Finished on December 30, 2019|
I used following colors in this project.