Jakub Krzysztofiak thanks Victor...its not the best, its not the worst. getting in. dont have much experience with interior. some with sdkfz234 only. I could mayby use chipping fluid next time for better effect. I'm not 100% happy with "floor surface". next time, next time
Jakub Krzysztofiak agree, scratching and chipping mayby looks cool, but very often give to object unnatural look. 4 example imagine jagdtiger described '45 covered by rust, chipping looks like spent 10 years at Golan Hights lol
Rui S Steady it is coming, and to look great, I'm sure.
I agree with you Jakub the floor could be more used, but not the other surfaces.
I prefer chipped and used models rather than nice clean factory ones. It's just a question of balance not always easy to achieve.
P.S. A trip in that back seat must be tough
31. July, 17:54
Jakub Krzysztofiak yeah Rui. with no reason i skiped liquid floor chipping. dunno why. i used that technique with maultier and was not that bad. anyway will scrach some more paint with next interior project
Fabian D. Started this pretty nice kit a few days ago, full crew compartment and quite some PE included. On the downside there is some cutting and sanding to do, esp. if you want to use all of the PE.
The so called "Kovriki armor" isn´t that hard to do, it just takes some time to figure measurements and angles out (esp. the first plate is a nightmare). I´ve used 0,5mm sheet and sharpened the edges, all glued on small pices of plastic to create the gap.
The black dots indicate where all the nuts have to go... about 80 in total.
Fabian D. Well, I guess there is not much more what the Trumpeter kit can offer in terms of exterior detail, which you haven´t included in your build. Splendid work here.
But what amazes me most is your ability to turn a "boring" (meaning not modulated) paintjob into such a great looking model...
17. May 2015, 14:16
George Bacon Thanks Fabian! I tried modulation a couple of times but must not have done it right, because I didn't see much difference (maybe I was too heavy with the next layer of paint). It seemed like I got the results I wanted with just "washes" and "filters" (which is kind of like modulation, but on top of the basecoat). However, I do want to try "hairspray" chipping!
George Bacon Thanks Gerald and Aghis! Aghis, the tires are a problem because they are vinyl and have several ejector pin holes on one side. Normally, you could just mount the tires with the holes facing in. But, if you want to align the tire-tread correctly, one side (the right) will have the holes showing. I filled the holes with a slurry of super-glue mixed with corn starch. Then had to file and sand them smooth (it was a hard job because the vinyl doesn't sand well). I was happily surprised to find the tires looked perfect after I covered the sanding scars with acrylic flat-black paint! I brushed on a sand colored enamel wash and finished with dust using an air-brush.