Scalemates, scale modeling database | stash manager
scale modeling database | stash manager
WhiteGlint
WhiteGlint
DE

Macross Zero - VF-0D

That was an interesting kit from one of my favourite aircraft (mecha) of the Macross franchise.
I made a lot of mistakes and gained some valuable experience working with Tamiya Mark Fit.
Sadly, I screwed up the cockpit, especially the decals of the instruments aaand some other decals but I feel like I finally get the hang of using and thinning Vallejo polyurethan varnish (after one bottle :D)

 

Project

73 images
1:72
Completed
1:72 VF-0D (Hasegawa 65718)
 

Comments

7 | 4. January, 20:32
S M
Looks great! How did you thinned polyurethane varnish?
24. January, 20:49
WhiteGlint
Thanks, S M. :)
I mixed the varnish with tap water, roughly at a ratio 50:50 (tap water : varnish) using a 0,5mm needle an about 1,5 bar pressure.
It sounds really simple now, but it took me quite some time to find the right mixture.
The right needle was also important. Most of the time I used a 0,3mm or 0,2mm for the varnish which I also used for often when applying colours. The varnish was just splattering around.
Instead of thinning it even more I finally got the idea to use another needle, which did the trick.
I suppose it is possible to get an better and more even coat but I am slowly getting there.
24. January, 21:19
S M
Thanks! :)
25. January, 07:36

All albums

View all albums »