The list could be long, but for me the must haves are:
1. a good pair of side cutters for plastic. I use the Tamiya pointed-nose ones. A little more expensive than some, but they leave little or no clean up after you've removed the part from the sprue.
2. Tweezers. I have straight, curved, and a reverse pair (that grips the part when released, thus freeing up your hand)
3. You will probably find that a pin vise comes in useful at some point.
4. Sanding sticks (although the ones I often use come from the cosmetics section in the department store!)
5. A scalpel with sharp blades will come in useful for cutting and some clean up
You will probably want to start paint with brushes, but if you become more into it, I find an airbrush is a great investment.
That's all for now. I'm sure others will add to this!
Good luck, and welcome!
22. November 2019, 21:07