Scalemates, scale modeling database | stash manager
login | faq | facts | about us | privacy |
scale modeling database | stash manager
Patient_Zero
James Skalicky (Patient_Zero)
US
Offline

 

496 As it stands

This is an initial album of what I have to work with. I have taken photos from many different angles to help serve as a guide for putting everything back together when the time comes.

View images (15): | | List
 

Project

Albums: 3 with 26 images
1:72
In progress
1:72 Lockheed Hercules with 4 Drones DC-130 Director (Italeri 148)1:72 Lockheed C-130 Hercules Landing Gear (Scale Aircraft Conversions 72129)3+
 

Comments

16. October 2019, 13:38
James Skalicky
This is a 30+ year old build that I am attempting to restore and update. If anyone out there has done something like this before, I could use any and all advice that you can give!
16. October 2019, 13:46
Dave Flitton
I want to se what you do with this. I have seen some builds like this strip everything down including the wings.
16. October 2019, 15:58
Nikolaos Kouzinis
Hello James. I have a C 130H in 1:72 , Airfix . It is very old kit. During the time the dust make it very bad, the colours changed so I decided to recolour them. First I shade the fix problem as yours. I repaired some pieces (f.e broken blades but I had the pieces). Recoloured it with the colours for Hellenic Air Force. Some decals destroyed but I found from spares and the upper red lines I coloured with red acrylic colour . Your colours are very nice so you can recolour the same again. Believe me that it will change and will looks fresh. Fotos of mine in my wall . If something is not very very mimetic dont worry, "Imitation is also the highest form of flattery" the modelling is the target.
16. October 2019, 17:28
Bryn Crandell
If you just want to get rid of the dust, I use a large makeup brush. I had to ask the wife and its a blush brush. Soft bristles yet enough to scrub the dust off. I also use a variety of broad painters brushes to clean my builds. I've used a dust off spray that is used for silk flowers. Haven't tried it on my aircraft, but have used it on our training simulator here at work(similiar to a model railroad.)
16. October 2019, 18:13
James Skalicky
Thank you all! This is going to be a complete redo, as many of the seams have come apart over the years and I found today that the decals came off while attempting to get rid of the dust. I'm not sure if the original paint is acrylic or enamel, so there is going to be quite a bit of trial and error there. There are also some inaccuracies that will need to be corrected, both with the engines (the props had three blades when my father was flying with it) and the drones. Updates may be few and far between as I am going to take this project very slowly.
18. October 2019, 08:45

All albums

View all albums »

 

We use cookies to give you a great and free experience on our website. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

You can change your Cookie settings at any time. (Essential cookies are for: preferences, security, performance analytics and contextual advertising)

Privacy policy »     Continue