Started some airbrushing today, but I just couldn't get it to flow right. I've airbrushed with Tamiya paints before, though it still feels very much like experimenting. No matter how I mixed it it eventually got stuck. I tried with some drops of Vallejo Chrome and it flowed perfectly, so I guess that little bottle of Tamiya X-18 is just about 8 years too old
I had to order a new bottle of X-18 and a new bottle of thinner, I also ordered a kit of basic Vallejo Air bottles.
I managed to get the exhaust and engine covered with some unholy mix of Vallejo Chrome and semi gloss black. The engine looks great, very dark grey metal-like. Unfortunately it really should be solid black to look authentic. I didn't really like how the exhaust turned out, I think I'll just go for flat black.
So - todays lessons: Either some of my paints are too old (7-8 years) or the difference between colors is greater than I thought. I've had nothing but great experiences using my newer Tamiya paints, especially flats.
Vallejo Chrome mixes very, very good with Tamiya Semi Gloss Black. Makes for a kick ass Gun Metal.
19. June at 20:34:12