Scalemates, scale modeling database | stash manager
scale modeling database | stash manager
Aleksei Bes (Bercerkers999)

Ka-58 "Black Ghost"

Timeline:Started on October 27, 2020

Good day!
As a basis, a set from the "Zvezda" company Ka-58 in a scale of 1/72 was taken and slightly modified. I tried to make the model as similar as possible to real aircraft that have ever taken off into the air and adhere to the original idea of ​​the manufacturer - "The helicopter is invisible", so he tried to hide everything inside the fuselage as much as possible and make the angles of inclination of the surfaces as in the Su-57, F-35 , F-117.
What was done:
He made the cockpit from scratch, increased its size, re-made the cockpit canopy slightly changing its geometry, increasing its size and reducing its thickness. I replaced the dashboard with a photo-etched one, added RU, RShG, RRUDs, NV brake, side and rear consoles, ILS indicator. I made the cockpit with an eye on the Ka-52 cockpit. Made from scratch ejection seats K-37-800M.
Re-made air intakes using photo-etched mesh.
Made - an auxiliary gas turbine engine AI-9V slightly lengthening it in the rear due to the width of the fuselage, made a niche for AI-9V and its flaps.
Made niches with electronics.
I made a copy of the TV3-117V engine from resin and modified it a bit by adjusting it to the model. I also made a sash and a niche for the engine from scratch.
I tried to reproduce the air conditioning system as on the Mi-24 and made a niche for it.
I added a gearbox in the upper part, took the VR-24 gearbox as a basis.
Redesigned the exhaust hole (or rather, almost completely removed it and made it again)
Made a "ladder" inside the fuselage to the cockpit at the bottom and top.
Made and added antennas, including the SRO antenna, the Pitot tube.
I stepped down to an acceptable thickness, leveled / straightened the front and rear blades (I took blades from RAH-66 and AH-64 for the concept), imitated their sag. I worked on the bushing, re-made the swashplate rods and grinded off its plates, slightly changed the shape of the fairings. The main rotor itself tried to make it look like a coaxial scheme like on the Kamov Design Bureau's helicopters.
The front landing gear struts were made from scratch. A stand, a thrust mechanism, a folding brace, a brake hose, a stem mirror, a semiaxis, a wiring fastener are made. The wheel is taken from the Ka-52.
The rear landing gear was made. The stand was taken as a basis from the set and combined with the rear wheel from the Mi-28. Added hydraulic line and wiring mount, stem mirror.
All niches and doors were made from scratch.
The weapon compartment was made from scratch with an increase in its dimensions for 4 ATGM 9k113 "Shturm-V" in each. Retractable pylons have been made, a fire system, wiring and various components have been simulated.
Landing and search lights were made - as a basis, I took the headlights from the Ka-52, which I filled with glue from Revell for transparent parts and polished.
I made a cannon fairing from scratch. I used the GSh-23K cannon from QuickBoost as a cannon armament. I decided to reproduce the idea that was planned to be used on the RAH-66 - to put the cannon into the fairing to reduce the radio signature, for which I made a niche in the fairing for the cannon.
I made niches for ASO-2B blocks, I took the blocks from Microdesign.
Made an optoelectronic system in the lower part of the fuselage and a niche for it.
Made a sighting station in the bow and closed it with a transparent fairing.
BKO sensors (did not make them outside the fuselage due to the inclination of its surfaces), as well as aeronautical lights - hid them inside the fuselage. With an eye on the Su-57, F-35, F-117.
He removed the wings.
Replaced all weapons from the set. Used ATGM 9k113 "Shturm-V", Launcher module "Strelets" under the anti-aircraft missile system 9M39 "Igla-V".
The fuselage was leveled, straightened and given an angular shape similar to the Su-57 and F-35. I cut the joining again.
Coloring: due to the fact that the helicopter has an angular shape, I decided to make the appropriate camouflage. Again, experience for the future.
For the final assembly, I used the soil from Hansa. Paint from Tamia, Hansa, Ammo Mig, AK. Varnish from Tamia. Washes from AmmoMig.
I also used wires of different diameters, beer tin, sheet brass, aluminum tape. Plastic used from Tamia, ZIPmaket, Evergreen.
It seems that I have not forgotten anything.
Enjoy your viewing.

Project inventory

Full kits
1:72 "Black Ghost" (Zvezda 7232)
"Black Ghost" Russian Stealth Helicopter
Zvezda 1:72
7232 2014 | Changed box



1 | 27. October 2020, 12:54

We use cookies to give you a great and free experience. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

You can change your Cookie settings at any time. (Essential cookies are for: preferences, security, performance analytics and contextual advertising)

Privacy policy »     Continue