I haven't shown the result of my clean up, except for this somewhat blurry photo in photo 29, but I managed to clean it up nicely, the masking for that clean up is seen in photo 27. I also airbrushed on two patches of gray on the bow, very nicely.
I worry that the spinner for the propeller thingy will fall off, but I think I will just try be super careful and not think too much about it, once the props go onto the model, the diving planes or whatever sort of protects the prop spinners from bumbing into anything. I didn't manage to re-create the prop blades, but a this point I am not going for museum type of accuracy. Nice training though.
I bent the PE blades straight on, but it is proably a very good idea to add some pads or something to the tweezer tips, to make the bending action more gentle to avoid making hard dents in the PE.
11. July, 19:34