The kit is simple to build, doesn't have a lot of parts and the detail is very good. The fit is also excellent.
It has the pieces to make the plumbing for the water jets (between the floor grills and the rear outlets). The trim vane (the piece at the front that gets elevated when the vehicle is in water) has moded-in details on both sides.
Now having said that there are a couple of nagging issues, nothing very serious though, just me being very critic
- the barrel is two-piece and requires some cleaning, unfortunately not very good at this so mine looks kind of bad
- the tracks are in vinyl, the detail is so-so, better than old Tamiya kits but inferior to recent AFV Club vinyl tracks. I did consider getting the separate workable track kit from Trumpeter however it costs about the same as the entire kit and i'm not very fond of the idea of gluing all the guide horns, not only the track links
- i didn't pay attention when gluing the two halves of the drive sprockets and now the teeth are not aligned; this is going to be a major headache when fitting in the tracks
- there are no clear parts in the kit for the periscopes!!! I couldn't believe this, there are just empty spaces
- the trim vane has detail on both sides but i had to glue it down since the pieces that hold it in are only for the closed position and the central hatch periscope cannot be elevated. Fortunately this can be fixed with a little work if desired
- the water-jet outlets are also as separate pieces but it requires a little work to glue them open instead of closed.
- the turret hatch can be glued open but the turret interior is very spartan, with only part of the gun interior being provided (and it's actually funny, the interior is mobile, however the way the mantlet piece is designed it will not allow the gun to elevate)
- the towing cable is supplied as a string rope and I would have liked some brass wire.
Like i said i don't think any of this is very serious especially considering how cheap the kit is also the fit and details are very good.
11. April 2016, 14:36