F7F Tigercat - Italeri - 1/48
Hi guys, this is my F7F Tigercat (Italeri Kit, 1/48).
This built was painful in many way....sometimes because of me....sometimes because of this kit..... There is a few annoying flaw, that made me nervous :
- the main canopy doesn't fit well with the fuselage
- the main landing gear doors are very difficult to glue on the nacelle side, making them very fragile
- don't try to balance the kit if you intend to use the original plastic landing gear. Due to the tremendous amount of weight that you might need, the gear would just break.You would probably have to buy the white metal replacement landing gear, if you want to add all this weight.
- the cockpit is very basic, it's probably worth buying an aftermarket stuff.
- last but not least : the stencils position on the drawings are wrong... (do not place the green band on the wing before the yellow number... )
and also, half of the green band stencil for the engine cowls are just missing.... you will have to find the same color and paint it directly.
Well, eventually, i' was happy to finish this kit.....
Thanks for looking.