Phantom FG1 - 1/72 - Airfix
This my Phantom FG1, 1/72, from Airfix.
Well.... this kit was much more painful to built, than i' initially thought.
The fittings are not that good and i' was surprised by that, since i' was expecting something of higher quality with such a modern kit.
Eventually, i' would say :
- Engraving is pretty good, even if some louvers are missing (above the engine exhaust and atop the intake).
- Armament is nicely detailed
- Stencils are fine
- There is many options available (maybe too much ?) : folded wing, flaps up/down, etc...
- The airframe is made of too many parts(compare to other Phantom kits), increase the chance to face tricky fittings
- The canopy doesn't fit very well, pushing to use the open configuration.
- Moreover, the cockpit is really basic, and that would justify to use the closed canopy configuration. I' replaced the original seats with the Quickboost ones.
There is more than 300 stencils to apply..... and it took me more than 5 hours to put them.... (none is missing, i' t
I can't see something wrong wit it. A superb result! Well done Didier!
Very nice build and model! Congrats mate 👍!
very nice 👍
Thanks for your comments guys. !
Very nice build and thanks for the discription
Lovely, I want one too! 🙂
Great job. I loving it.
Lovely, neat and crisp work! Thanks for sharing and for pointing out the problems you had. I think the model looks just great, despite the issues. How did you do the base?
Very nice build and dio 👍
Hi Frank. I'bought the base at " Coastal kits" : https://www.coastalkits.co.uk/newstore/circular-display-bases.html
Lovely job Didier. Seen a few examples of this but yours really stands out. Love that extended front landing gear. Got one in the stash.
Thanks for the pointer on the base, Didier! I´m in the midst of building mine and am so far quite happy about how the parts fit...
i missed this one... excellent
Good job !
Ohhhh - another beautiful RN Phantom!
Splendid Phantom F.G.1!! Looking forward to getting mine in!
Very nice hi-legged Phantom 👍 Looks very classy in the dark blue & the base also adds a lot.
Was this one the Private-jet of James Bond?😉
Looking at the model you wouldn't think there was any trouble building it. Nicely done!
Love it mate!
i love it love the paint job on this very well done
Really nice Phantom!
Absolutely a great model...love this British Navy Phantom
That looks great, and thanks for the little pros and cons review.
Beautifull English Phantom. Well done