Show 105 previous comments
13. November 2017 at 20:08:57
14. November 2017 at 00:08:24
14. November 2017 at 01:36:17
14. November 2017 at 06:33:19
14. November 2017 at 07:11:21
14. November 2017 at 07:11:56
me three, nice progress so far, always nice to learn some insights like those with the framing...
14. November 2017 at 07:18:52
Hallo Bernhard, das Projekt steht bei mir auch noch in Zukunft an - allerdings für die USS Enterprise und ich habe noch die Wolfpack folding wings. Ich bin mit dabei und lerne gerne wieder mit
14. November 2017 at 07:27:58
14. November 2017 at 08:49:19
Dann aber Achtung Oliver. Iech wolte für meine F/A-18C auch ein Set Wolfpack Folding Wings nutzen, aber das Resin das die Koreaner nutzen schlinkt aber sehr. Es könnte so sein das die Flügel ziemlich klein ausfallen.
14. November 2017 at 12:47:28
14. November 2017 at 18:12:31
14. November 2017 at 18:40:00
14. November 2017 at 18:44:29
Result of a good painting-morning: a half of the cockpit and all seats completed.
18. November 2017 at 18:51:26
18. November 2017 at 20:32:35
18. November 2017 at 21:02:23
19. November 2017 at 20:10:14
19. November 2017 at 20:12:15
I'm starting to dislike you
Your results are just staggering. You Sir, are a true master.
19. November 2017 at 20:57:48
19. November 2017 at 22:13:29
20. November 2017 at 17:47:18
In the time I try to find my modeling desk again, you already built up and paited the whole cockpit and four seats and managed to close that dreadful combination of fuselage halfs and belly insert! Amazing! What's the trick with the small plastic pieces? Do you glue them on before glueing the fuselage parts or afterwards?
21. November 2017 at 14:45:14
Thank you Patrick. Don't worry: In my opinion in comparison with my past modeling years and other mates I have very few time for modeling. This is the reason for different new und unusual methods and tricks.
The small plastic pieces (0,13mm thick) help to avoid "offset" between the fuselage halves and accelerating the drying time of the CA. Hold the part with the tip of a scalpel, put the underside in CA and place them on the seam. After few seconds it's strong and you have no offset. AFTER placing of all plastic pieces fill the remaining gap with CA: ready.
Yesterday evening I spent only 1 hour for sanding & cleaning the entire fuselage and restoring of the main panel lines.
I will post pics today evening.
21. November 2017 at 16:31:29
21. November 2017 at 17:08:10
fill the remaining gap with CA: ready - what is the meaning of " CA " ?
22. November 2017 at 05:12:07
Cyano Acrylate glue, Nice work by the way, and not only with the seams...
Aren't you afraid that the hull will split open when you much pressure is applied?
22. November 2017 at 05:29:06
22. November 2017 at 05:49:18
Na da kommt ja jetzt wieder etwas, ganz nach meinem Geschmack!
22. November 2017 at 11:07:54
Thanks for the ca tip. But how do you remove the small pieces without too much trouble?
22. November 2017 at 11:15:52
no problem. On the inside I have plastic stripes as reinforcement too. The rear bulkhead of the cockpit tube I glued with a "fatt" blob of CA and microbaloons.
with sharp scalpel (no11), 400 sandpaper and Tamiyas 1000 sanding pad. You can additionally bend the tip of the scalpel for better handling.
22. November 2017 at 17:10:38
23. November 2017 at 00:02:58
23. November 2017 at 20:51:21
23. November 2017 at 22:03:12
23. November 2017 at 22:07:42
24. November 2017 at 04:21:52
25. November 2017 at 13:25:45
25. November 2017 at 19:26:10
26. November 2017 at 16:16:43
26. November 2017 at 16:22:12
There's a EA-6B gatekeeper at Tinker AFB. Let me know if you need any specific reference pictures!
26. November 2017 at 16:23:29
Patric, thank you for the proposal. I have several books and publications from Squadron Signal and D&S.
The step (ridge) in very noticeable. The correction was no real complicated: I spend only a half of hour or so.
26. November 2017 at 17:00:33
Aha! Good! Do you have some before and after pictures so I can get a better understanding what to look out for?
26. November 2017 at 17:54:21
26. November 2017 at 20:51:29
26. November 2017 at 20:59:23
Patrick: no problem. So I had to load the routine A6/125r into my 3D-printer. But at the moment the routines A6/146 (main gear bays) and A6/147 (nose hat) are processed.
27. November 2017 at 08:04:30
27. November 2017 at 17:09:50
27. November 2017 at 18:20:44
27. November 2017 at 23:24:07
29. November 2017 at 10:53:17
Thank you Mates.
Each ECM-pod needs a lot of power. Because of that each pod has an own wind driven generator. Kit parts for the propellers are designed very well and are so tiny that it is nearly impossible to hold them during cleanup. Because of that I first glued the propellers on the pods and cleaned them later.
3. December 2017 at 09:55:35
3 of about 10 airbrush sessions completed: bottom side and topside of fuselage airbrushed.
5. December 2017 at 20:13:21
Man! Just not checking Scalemates for only one day and the Prowler is already primed and ready to be painted!
Amazing! It looks very good Bernhard!
5. December 2017 at 20:54:42
5. December 2017 at 20:55:44
5. December 2017 at 21:04:18
Jou: paint is "on". Tomorrow the rest of the upper side will be airbrushed. Hanno: you have good eyes. As usual with me it is post shading.
5. December 2017 at 21:21:49
7. December 2017 at 23:35:24
8. December 2017 at 09:21:18
9. December 2017 at 22:11:45
Unfassbar effizient - ich hätte jeweils vielmehr abmaskiert. Mit wieviel Bar wird hier denn lackiert ?
10. December 2017 at 14:32:41
Moin Oliver. Danke für die Vorschusslorbeeren. Auf dem Bild ist der Zwischenschritt zu sehen: so habe ich nur die Rumpf Streifen lackiert. Anschließend habe ich die Papier/tapemasken abgemacht und die Umgebung für die Tragflächen-Walkways geschützt. War wohl zu faul, noch mehr Papier/Tapemasken zu basteln
10. December 2017 at 15:53:10
The biggest hurdle is taken: the windscreen is in place without CA fogging and remains clean and without blemishes after airbrushing.
10. December 2017 at 20:28:10
13. December 2017 at 20:42:38
In picture 56 you mentioned the pilots windscreen deicing system & red light but what about the iconic refueling probe???
13. December 2017 at 23:14:41
Patrick: you are right. "Where is the refuelling probe?" I have not forgotten them. I know myself well and know that the part would break off 5 times during the airbrushing and decaling.
I will glue it at the end of the end assembly.
14. December 2017 at 08:47:11
14. December 2017 at 11:59:48
14. December 2017 at 12:58:51
14. December 2017 at 15:21:40
Vor 4 Wochen gestartet , mitten in der Adventszeit und dennoch bald fertig ...... einfach nur bewundernswert.
14. December 2017 at 18:35:24
The very clean build and careful work is again impressive!
14. December 2017 at 19:21:53
14. December 2017 at 20:55:35
16. December 2017 at 12:00:23
19. December 2017 at 20:13:06
. You have good eyes Hanno: 0,5 Litze. Just in time received off white.
19. December 2017 at 21:04:47
Litze hatte ich noch nie von gehört - meine Lernkurve steigt wieder an - danke dafür
20. December 2017 at 05:32:15
20. December 2017 at 13:39:49
Bernhard : lieben Dank für die links. Bis heute habe ich in der Tat dünnen Draht benutzt oder noch schlimmer Stecknadeln oder Büroklammern. Ich wünsche Dir noch gutes Gelingen auf der Zielgeraden
20. December 2017 at 18:10:53
Landing gear completed. Last lap to run: moveable canopy parts.
20. December 2017 at 21:55:00
21. December 2017 at 11:29:53
Today I started with my favorite modeling task: final assembly
Nose gear is completed.
21. December 2017 at 20:37:57
21. December 2017 at 23:05:32
At first I thought the off white landing gear was very dark but once installed it looks fantastic!
22. December 2017 at 12:45:32
Björn, Clifford and Patrick: thank you. Today I intend install the main gear. Pictures coming soon.
22. December 2017 at 14:51:39
Patrick. You are right: it is not pure white but in fact very light grey (5% grey, off white). Many years ago I had a chance to learn a lot about colors, design and layout from the former editor of the German modeling magazine MF. One of his theories was that neither pure black nor pure white exist and look good in a model. Because of that the tires are painted with 80% gray. So you have a chance to dry brushing them AND washing with black (100% gray).
22. December 2017 at 14:54:56
Bernhard paint finish is spectacular, what brand are you using - don't tell me revell aqua?
Merry xmas and a happy new year.
22. December 2017 at 14:59:27
Thanks Bernard! I knew about the black/grey but the white is new to me.
22. December 2017 at 15:06:05
Murad: im very glad to see you praise. From beginning I'm using only the Humbrol enamels. Sometimes I must use the blue paints of Revell because Humbrol offer no cobalt blue or similar blue shades. Lower side: H127, post shading with H127+33% H128.
Upper side H128, postshading with H128 + a bit of H126. Mottling with H129 (gull grey). Washing on entire surfaces with slightly toned up basic colors.
22. December 2017 at 15:16:48
ah that figures. for me enamels always have a special place in terms of surface finish, i only wish somebody could come up with an odorless version alas i guess the stink is what makes those paints act like this along with true cellulosic/lacquer paints afterall.
22. December 2017 at 15:25:25
Even when you're done with that plane, keep the WIP going - it's just great!
22. December 2017 at 17:06:26
Ich seh was Du meintest, wat für'n Fummelkram !
Und auch noch von innen maskiert, super, hab ich so noch nie gesehen.
29. December 2017 at 11:18:52
Hmmmm, genau. Dazu hat Hasegawa, für mich "ohne Grund" das vordere Teil (jeweils rechts im Bild) zweigeteilt. M.E. Ist es kaum möglich, die zwei Teile zusammenzufügen ohne quer zu verschleifen und zu polieren (habe ich gemacht/ musste ich machen
) da war der Rest (Fummelkram) schon fast harmlos.
29. December 2017 at 11:23:11
Just in time in the "old" year completed without hitch.
"Better" pictures today.
30. December 2017 at 10:44:46
Your build speed and quality remain top notch. Absolutely fabulous!
30. December 2017 at 11:08:34
30. December 2017 at 11:18:14
Fertig ! Looking very good, I'm glad your motivation did'nt quit on the last cm.....
Guten Rutsch !
30. December 2017 at 11:58:21
30. December 2017 at 12:00:36
Congratulations! Looking very good. Just in time for this year
30. December 2017 at 12:01:51
30. December 2017 at 12:14:34
30. December 2017 at 12:24:24
Ich denke das gleiche wie Martin , die Geschwindigkeit und Qualität ist einfach sagenhaft. Klasse Ding - herzlichen Glückwunsch und lieben Dank für die lehrreiche und unterhaltsame Online-Dokumentation. Bin schon gespannt auf 2018 ...............
30. December 2017 at 12:34:57
30. December 2017 at 13:15:28
Fantastic job, Bernhard. Very nice tail deco. Congratulations and happy New Year!
30. December 2017 at 13:32:54
30. December 2017 at 13:41:44
30. December 2017 at 13:47:15
I'm very very suprised how many comments I get after posting 2 snaps! Thank you!! I just posted the "real" pictures of the completed model.
30. December 2017 at 15:52:06
Normally I prefer NAVY birds totally worn down and filthy but the light weathering on your beautyfully built and painted Prowler looks just superb! I'm a little bit sad that your WIP is over now - I'll miss it...
30. December 2017 at 16:23:21
30. December 2017 at 18:17:58
30. December 2017 at 18:27:47
30. December 2017 at 18:52:27
What a great bird! But I guess you made a mistake and put it into the wrong category, since this model is for sure 1/32 !!! There are so many very nice and small and clean build details, this is not possible in 1/72
30. December 2017 at 22:01:02
31. December 2017 at 02:13:40
31. December 2017 at 09:02:44
Excellent work and wonderful result.
31. December 2017 at 09:36:53
Rechtzeitig zum Jahresende wieder ein Schmuckstück fertig geworden.
Einen guten Rutsch und weiter schicke Modelle in 2018
31. December 2017 at 14:32:46
Klasse, wie immer super gemacht. Schön auch die Prespektive, Ausleuchtung, und Schärfe der Bilder. Alles Gute für 2018, Bernhard.
31. December 2017 at 16:55:15
31. December 2017 at 19:23:27
Wundervolle Prowler mit fantastischen Details, alles gute Bernhard für 2018 mit hoffentlich viel bastelspass! LG Christian
31. December 2017 at 19:26:24
31. December 2017 at 22:00:37
Wie immer von dir
einfach nur zum "Niederknien" Einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr
31. December 2017 at 22:15:52
Hej Leute: eine ganz tiefe Verbuegung für solches Lob und natürlich von mir Euch allen einen guten Start ins neue Jahr. Good start into next year!
31. December 2017 at 22:27:10
6. January 2018 at 12:08:09
6. January 2018 at 12:25:36
Add comment » Ben Schumacher
Wie konnte ich das nur verpassen? Wunderbar wie immer, Bernhard!
30. May 2018 at 08:51:04