Thank you guys!
@Thomas: That's something I also struggled with at first. Micro saw, knife and my standard nipper did not work. Then I tried to cut the base plate into pieces to separate figures. This somehow worked, but often enough it broke between the legs of one figure and broke something. In the end I settled for two methods that worked well for me with only a few figures broken. I'm sorry that I can't provide pictures of this as I already cleaned up all the figures and did not think of taking pictures of the process
1) I used very pointy nippers from Tamiya. I placed them at the very base. Not placing the whole 'foot' into the nippers but only a portion right at the tip. This mostly broke the foot right of the base but did not move the figure enough to break it. This did even work for the larger groups of figures. The nippers have to be very pointy and sharp. My standard Knipex tool did not work!
2) I places a sharp blade right at the base of the figure and moved it just enough, so that it did dig into the material a tiny fraction. Not much. Maybe a hairs thickness. Then I tilted the blade in a motion as if I wanted open a bottle of beer or wanted to flick the figure off the base. Sometimes I needed a second or third try, but most times on foot of the Figure broke off the base right where the knife had cut.
I hope this lengthy explanation is somewhat understandable and does help.
20. August 2019 at 14:54:22