scale modeling database | stash manager
Tiger I initial s.Pz.Abt. 502
|Subject:| Wehrmacht Heer (German Army 1935-1945)
s.Pz.Abt. 502 100
| Mishkino February 1943
| Panzer grey with Whitewash
|Timeline:||Started on November 14, 2013|
Pz.Kpfw. VI Ausf.ETiger I Initial Production s.Pz.Abt. 502 Leningrad Region 1942/3
2010 | Changed parts
Instruction errors ( so far):
1. ( not sure) wheel pair D1/ D2 turn around when glued to the axle. Looks strange when glued as per instruction ( too late on my build, didn`t want to ruin the suspension)
2. Open holes in part G25 ( rear plate) for parts G26 and S3.
16. November 2013 at 15:12:32
16. November 2013 at 15:16:54
3. Big one: Do not glue G19/ P8 to the lower hull in step 6. Do not glue E1/ E2/ E3 to the upper hull in step 9. Instead glue E1/ E2/ E3 to the lower hull in step 13 then fit with G19/ P8- the lower part of Ex must go under G19/ P8. Then fit the upper hull.
18. November 2013 at 15:28:52
Typical Dragon instructions; I have found that it is not at all uncommon for these mistakes to occur quite early on???.you?ve got to wonder about the reviews.
I briefly scanned two reviews for this kit and saw no mention of the errors you?ve encountered.
My thinking is that these guys who write the reviews probably included the errors in their draft but those errors were edited out by the??..uh, editors?
Anyway, I wish more of us who build these kits would point out these mistakes in the instructions.
18. November 2013 at 15:36:03
That`s why I do it. I really hate the " oh it is a dragon kit, it is the best of the best" " reviews". Don`t get me wrong, it is a nice kit, but I nearly had to ruin it, because in no way does the front plate fit, if you follow the instructions. Which leads to the question, has the person, who wrote the instructions, ever built the model.
18. November 2013 at 15:54:17
Yep HK!!!!!!!! I've often thought that!!! "Has this person actually built the model"?
Either they haven't or their boss has chosen to omit negative elements of the review...
Or.....another question...why doesn't Dragon give two or three kits to two or three random employees.......give them basic tools and have them build the kit before release?
You'd think after Dragon invests the money to actually research, engineer, manufacture the sprues, choose the box art...that they just might want to get the instructions right...
18. November 2013 at 16:14:45
Step 14: Fix Part A9 to the gun barrel. If you turn the barrel in the right direction ( so that the little nub on the muzzle brake points upwards) , part A9 will be upside down from what the instructions show. That is correct- only then will it fit between A4 and A23. A9 holds the barrel in the mantlet.
19. November 2013 at 14:41:44