Steffen Arndt Thanks! If you have seen some of the other builds you will know that I do not like doing cockpits. As I was in the floe this time I did not take photos in progress. OTOH this is oob so there is nothing interesting to document
20. June, 15:47
Steffen Arndt Progress is slow but still kind of steady. As I need to get my blood pressure down I try not to do the fiddly things...
I will pose the hood open, so I used the closed one to mask the area. The clear windows of it were masked with AKs "Maskol" ... you never know when you will need a spare. The wind screen is glued on and masked with the yellow kabuki style masks from the box as is teh opened hood (not shown). Of course the instrument cover was painted before applying the wind screen
8. July, 20:41
Steffen Arndt The canopy was painted RLM 66. Then I sprayed white and finally yellow for the JG 11 fuselage band and lower cowl.
8. July, 20:48
Steffen Arndt After several masking and airbrushing sessions the model looks this way... I still need to mask the swastika area and airbrush it light blue grey RLM 76 with some 74/75 dots before applying the decal. (it is always good to check some photos during painting... but better before )
12. July, 06:06
Steffen Arndt Progress is slow at the moment. I don't get no sleep at night and am pretty exhausted all day long... little room for modelling in this cycle. Still I managed to mask and airbrush the swastika background
Steffen Arndt O.K. this will probably be my next project when I have finished the Ki 61 ... another of the new Tamiya kits but what is not to like about them.
When it came out and I had the sets available I started right away (as with most kits I have). I used K9906 from the kit as a building guide for Malans K9953 ... not sure if this is correct but I thought the serial numbers are close enough that both came from the same badge. the photographs show how far I got when I lost motivation...
3. May, 10:28
Steffen Arndt I needed to read the instructions carefully again to get, what should be positioned where. I must say that I found the Tamiya instructions not as clear as normally. So I needed to consult several books and the internet to figure some things out. Adding to this that I do not want to do one of the kits decal options took me some days just to clarify things. Now that I am done with the pit I am o.k. with it, but I am pretty sure that a few things are still wrong.
I have assembled the wing and tail planes already (see pic 6) so I could proceed with the completion of the airframe when the fuselage was closed yesterday ... it looks preety much like an airplane now. The u/c is about to dry at the moment so I will take a photo later today.
Steffen Arndt Hab mal ein Foto des derzeitigen Standes gemacht. Sieht schon recht fortgeschritten aus, aber es ist noch eine Menge zu tun.
24. May, 15:16
Steffen Arndt I have added some more smaller and larger parts and the canopy. I used the parts for the opened option, bit the center section (sliding hood) was cut as a mask from the closed option part. I masked front and rear canopy and then sprayed it interior green. To check pro imperfections it was spayed silver.